Subject: Re: pkg/20448
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2003 12:07:14
Stoned Elipot <> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:54:12AM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
> > oh, yes, I meant we should rename it :-)
> Jlam suggested that this could be handled directly by the buildlink2
> wrapper instead. IMHO this would be better...

It is, mostly, AFAICT.  But the problem is that some packages have
Makefiles that _explicitly_ set "-Wl,-R/path".  Under these
circumstances, buildlink2 can't help us, I think.

We would want to be able to simply patch the Makefile to use
${LD_RPATH_NAME} and pass that variable ot MAKE_ENV.

-- -
         Multiarchitecture OS, no hype required.