Subject: pkgsrc newbie on Darwin
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Yves de Champlain <yves@gnu-darwin.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/06/2003 19:35:03
Hi

I sure hope I'm on the right list

I'm having some irregular output happening on a regular basis ...
I hope I can get some clues

First, when installing libwww-5.4.0, I get
awk : too many arguments
if I just retype 'bmake install', everything installs well.
I had the exact same behavior twice.

Second, buildlinking often does the same thing, often meaning
at least one time out of two.  Fails the first time complaining
about libtool flags and succeeds the second time -- every second time.

Third, I sometimes get extra output at the beginning of a make command,
a little bit as if the make command started with some debug flags for a
command or two, sometimes up to five with ImageMagick for example.

Now, what I am wondering is, are these Darwin-specific problems ?
If so, are there some tool updates that might be appropriate ?
Any clue ?

Finally, is it possible that 'make index' takes more time than
building KDE from scratch ?

Thanks

yves