Subject: Re: buildlink vs. real gcc ?!
To: None <>
From: Stoned Elipot <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2003 15:56:54

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:40:43PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> The pkg Makefile uas USE_BUILDLINK2 set and pulls in the ncurses
> file. Knowing that buildlink2 uses some wrappers for gcc
> etc. (and that I do NOT want to look inside them), I wonder what's going
> on here. Shouldn't the same gcc command work in both cases? Seems
> confusing to me.

You could at least take a look into ${BUILDLINK_DIR}/.wrapper.log
to check the real exec'ed command :)

> FWIW, there is no libncurses* in the buildlink dir...

So it's surely not the same gcc invocation in both case.

Try adding
USE_NCURSES= function_name_missing_or_causing_problem_in_netbsd_curses.a

to your package's Makefile this way devel/ncurses/ will
really keep ncurses in.