Subject: Re: buildlink vs. real gcc ?!
To: Thomas Klausner <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2003 16:55:30
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Inclusion of does not mean that the ncurses package is used,
> only if necessary.

Hum, that sounds broken to me. Can we move that into something that's not
related to ncurses, like pkgsrc/mk/ (like we have,, ...)? If I included the ncurses file, I expect
to get ncurses used unconditionally.

> In this case, you can just do
> USE_NCURSES=	# use_default_colors
> though I think we already got that function since before 1.6F, so it's better
> if you add
> INCOMPAT_CURSES=       NetBSD-1.4* NetBSD-1.5* NetBSD-1.6-* NetBSD-1.6.*-* NetBSD-1.6[A-E]-*
> instead.

I think the INCOMPAT_CURSES shouldn't act on kernel version, but on shared
lib version or so. I use a -current kernel with a -stable userland...

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->