Subject: gnucash 1.8.X & -current (pkg/20271)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2003 12:03:38
In pkg/20271, there is an update for gnucash to bring it up to v1.8.0.

I've since updated my sources files for gnucash-1.8.1, converted all
dependencies to use guile-1.6 instead of guile14, added a fix for
pkg/20109, and added the missing gnucash-docs package for the help files.

http://www.elfin.net/netbsd/gnucash-pkgsrc.updated.tar.gz contains:

    devel/g-wrap.tar.gz
    devel/guile-slib.tar.gz
    finance/gnucash.tar.gz
    finance/gnucash-docs.tar.gz
    math/guppi.tar.gz

There are two issues with the above that I do not know how to solve.

** guile (1.4 or 1.6) coredumps under -current

   The most plausable explaination is that gnucash has libraries
   linked against libpthread and guile itself is not. When guile loads
   one of these libraries and attempts to call a function from it, that
   function causes a seg. fault and guile coredumps. Exporting LD_PRELOAD
   in one of the gnucash overrides scripts will let gnucash run under
   -current.

   LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0.1:/usr/pkg/lib/libgncgnome.so.0.0
   export LD_PRELOAD

   But this is a hack, and not a solution. Should guile be compiled with
   threading enabled?

** gnucash-docs uses xsltproc (from libxslt)

   The gnucash-docs package uses xsltproc to convert XML docbook files
   into html pages. The issue here is that those documents reference the
   4.1.2 standard, which there is no package for, and are downloaded each
   time xsltproc runs. (3 times during install process.)

   ??? create a docbook-xml412 package and depend upon it

Any ideas on how to solve these?

Ron Roskens