Subject: Re: pkgsrc on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (i386) using Zoularis
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/23/2003 04:38:13
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 @ 5:53pm (-0500), Jan Schaumann wrote:

JS> collver1@attbi.com wrote:
JS> > This morning I got Zoularis working on Debian 3.0.
JS> >
JS> > http://backyard.homeunix.net/~ben/zoularis/readme.txt
JS>
JS> Excellent!  Thanks for the readme.  Debian is a bit difficult since it
JS> does a few things different than other Linux distributions.  We hope to
JS> get such problems solves elegantly in the future, so your help and
JS> feedback will be appreciated.
JS>
JS> > By the way, I see both:
JS> > 	http://netbsd.org/zoularis/
JS> > 	http://netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html#bootstrap
JS> >
JS> > Is one of these efforts being kept more up to date than the other?
JS>
JS> Yes, bootstrap-pkgsrc is more up to date and will eventually obsolete
JS> Zoularis.

Yes, but there are some libtool problems w/ pkgsrc on [Redhat,Debian] Linux.
I'm going to chase them up as soon as my new motherboard gets in.

-lava

JS> Good luck with pkgsrc - let us know when you run into problems or fix
JS> some yourself! :-)
JS>
JS> -Jan
JS>
JS> --
JS> I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: E7B2 5A30 0F61 2ECD AF34  7E88 CC30 8B95 EE0B 4D5C

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo."