Subject: Re: packages using ncurses
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2003 14:37:07
[ On Friday, February 21, 2003 at 03:14:30 (-0800), Johnny C. Lam wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: packages using ncurses
>
> I disagree.  I don't want to go around adding ncurses/buildlink2.mk to
> Makefiles of packages that just need curses, because those packages simply
> don't need ncurses, and it's misleading.

I agree with you.  However I think Jeremy's point is that there are, at
least in his build environment, a number of packages which "find and
use" ncurses if it happens to be installed, thugh they "need ncurses".

I would say their build procedures need to be fixed so that they don't
even go looking for ncurses (or anything else -- everything they need
should "just be there" courtesy the base system and buildlink2).

--
								Greg A. Woods