Subject: Re: packages using ncurses
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2003 11:59:09
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Julio Merino wrote:

> > .include "../../mk/"
> > .if ${USE_NCURSES} == "YES"
> > .  include "../../devel/ncurses/"
> > .endif
> Why do you need this?? Simply include the ncurses/ file directly
> and let buildlink2 do its magic.

That's part of the problem. Many packages using curses or ncurses don't
even have any
.include "../../devel/ncurses/"

> And here is the problem: That should be fixed to check if the
> system provides a native curses, and iff it doesn't, then unconditionally use
> ncurses (setting UE_NCURSES), so we get a dependancy.

That would be good. Thanks for thinking about this, Julio.

> And for the texinfo problems you mention... maybe those packages are missing
> to include "mk/" ?

No, they have it. (The build OS may have a valid install-info, so it
doesn't register the DEPENDS.) I just send-pr'd a simple patch: pkg/20450.

   Jeremy C. Reed