Subject: forcing gtexinfo and other dependencies
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2003 23:58:03
Installing a variety of packages on a machine without gtexinfo, pkg_add
complained like:

 sh: /usr/bin/install-info: No such file or directory
 pkg_add: command '/usr/bin/install-info /usr/info/
 /usr/info/dir' failed

For example, gmake has:
.include "../../mk/"

Is there a way to setup some variable so that gtexinfo is always a

(I don't think setting _NEED_TEXINFO in my /etc/mk.conf is appropriate
since the starting underscore implies that it shouldn't be global.)

Another example is apache2. It would be nice if there was a way to always
force a DEPENDS on openssl. Is there a mk.conf setting to do that?

   Jeremy C. Reed