Subject: bootstrap-pkgsrc bmake, ftp
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2003 19:06:57
When I rerun bootstrap-pkgsrc it dies in bmake with errors like:

/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `Lst_Duplicate' changed from 140 to
227 in
lst.lib/lstEnQueue.o: In function `Lst_EnQueue':
lst.lib/lstEnQueue.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `Lst_EnQueue'
lstEnQueue.o(.text+0x0): first defined here

bmake already installed correctly. Maybe it should check if built before
trying to build again.

lukemftp doesn't properly check for [n]curses. It dies with errors like:

undefined reference to `tgoto'
undefined reference to `tputs'
../libedit/libedit.a(term.o): In function `term_insertwrite':
undefined reference to `tputs'

Once I installed ncurses, all was well. It should have failed earlier
during the [n]curses checks and plainly explained why. Because some users
may not recognize the above as a curses issue.

I know that lukemftp is available (with new name now) for multi-operating
systems. I didn't check it also if it properly checks for curses.

A top-level "make clean" would be good too.

Also, the bootstrap should register the software installed. (Only digest
was registered.) I think I sent some suggestions about that a couple
months ago.

My goal is to just have a tarball of all the end product of

   Jeremy C. Reed