Subject: Re: adding comments, TODOs
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2003 23:32:38
What kind of comments?

Actually, some Makefile's already include minor notes like "do this when
updating", or "this package uses ncurses because it needs x function" or
other things like these. Maybe greping for the XXX string in Makefile's
will show some of them. I guess that including comments in Makefiles is

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:11:40 -0800 (PST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:

> I have around 25 packages to submit. Most are working, but I still have a
> few minor things to check and/or fix. I have been placing my notes within
> the individual Makefiles.
> Is it okay to place comments, like things to do or fix, in individual
> pkgsrc Makefiles?
> I think that would be better than creating a separate TODO file for that
> package.
> It seems like doc/TODO isn't the right place to place many comments. And
> placing comments in the specific Makefile puts it right in front of you.
> Any comments?
> Any files for me to look at for examples?
> Thanks,
>    Jeremy C. Reed

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -