Subject: Re: xmms patch for raw cds
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2003 07:56:19
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Sean Davis wrote:

> I don't think he should be stopped from committing it either, I was just
> wondering what happens to those of us who don't use cd0 as their default
> audio-playing cd-rom. I'll write the code once the commit is done and anoncvs is
> updated (I miss the days when a commit hit anoncvs as soon as it was committed,
> but I digress) and submit a patch then.

Even better, ask the xmms people what they think of it. I bet they
accepted those patches before anyone realized that 2 and 3 CDROM
computers would be commonplace. Somebody needs to submit the NetBSD
patches to let xmms build out of the box; it might as well be you
(giving due credit, of course). Once they have sane defaults in the
code, we can revisit the issue of the package configuration option.

Frederick