Subject: Re: gcc3 pkg as main pkgsrc compiler
To: Ken Woodhams <kwoodhams2@yahoo.ca>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2003 17:23:04
On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Ken Woodhams wrote:

>  --- "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> > I have been using it for building packages for over a month. gcc3 is
> > the only gcc I use (under Linux which uses pkgsrc).
>
> Which linux distro by the way? After reading about pkgsrc on solaris
> and linux I'm going to try it out Debian again.

At one time, over four months ago, it was Debian Linux testing/unstable
(older than 3.0).

But no longer. The kernel, X, libtool, gcc, vixie-cron, sh-utils, netkit,
galeon, everything, is a new Linux distro. (Of course, all built using
NetBSD's great pkgsrc!)

Soon I will be announcing this. (I was partly waiting because I thought I
heard that bootstrap-pkgsrc was going to be announced to the world.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/