Subject: Re: too many fork ...
To: None <>
From: julien Touche <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/29/2003 17:21:16
Jukka Marin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:57:25PM +0100, julien Touche wrote:
>>is there is a way to limit number of fork ?
>>i'm not root and when trying to build index or when there is many
>>dependancies, i get "sh: fork failed - too many processes"
> Try 'limit' (in csh/tcsh) or 'ulimit' in sh.  Like
> # limit maxproc 400
>   -jm

excuse me, i have not explained me clearly. i don't try to limit. In
fact it is limited by root but more try to configure pkgsrc/bmake/etc.
not to make too many fork, else i have the above message.
i have a 'ulimit -u 50' made by root, and when i compile, bmake or bmake
readme (at pkgsrc root for example), i get "sh: fork failed - too many

so is there a way to said in mk.conf or anything else that is useless to
try more ?