Subject: Re: pkg/20050: galeon fails to load at run-time
To: None <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2003 03:58:32
Le Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:29:21 +1100 (EST)
Chris Baird a écrit :
[...]
> Galeon fails to link at run-time:
>
>     $ galeon
>     /usr/X11R6/lib/vfs/modules/libhttp.so: Undefined PLT symbol
>     "gnome_vfs_pthread_recursive_mutex_init" (symnum = 52)
>
> This problem was discovered on upgrading to 1.6M.
>
> >How-To-Repeat:
>
> >Fix:

I have the exact same issue, though I've found a workaround :

% LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomevfs-pthread.so:\
/usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomevfs.so galeon

Looks more like a gnome-vfs issue though, since ktrace'ing galeon shows
that it does most of its init tasks until it starts making calls to the
gnome-vfs subsystem.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.