Subject: Re: xmame is miserable now.
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2003 21:17:33
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Greywolf wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
>
> [JD: Greywolf wrote:
> [JD: > I just rebuilt xmame to the latest and greatest, and where I was getting
> [JD: > full-speed tempest, I'm now getting 7 fps.
> [JD: >
> [JD: > 8bpp and 16bpp dump core.
> [JD: >
> [JD: > Complaints about Xv mode not working, falling back to yuv and yv12
> [JD: > mode, neither of which work.
> [JD:
> [JD: Lack of Xv would explain such thing, it's major acceleration.
> [JD: Did you changed your X config lately by chance?
>
> No, I did not.  I left the X configuration unchanged.
>
> <smile type="sheepish">
> Would you be willing to point me someplace which might help me with this?
> </smile>

I enabled Xv in the package last time I updated it (a couple of weeks
ago), so you have probably run Xv-less before, so it is not lack of
Xv that makes it slow. OTOH, the fallback code might have problems,
so you could try to remove the line

MAKE_FLAGS+=            X11_XV=1

in the pkg's Makefile, and see if that helps.

   /Krister