Subject: Re: Apache or Apache2 ??
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.dyndns.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2003 18:23:14
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Juan RP wrote:

> El Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:25:07 +0100
> Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net> escribi=F3:
>
> > > DEPENDS+=3D   ap*-php4>4.2.3:../../www/ap*-php4 <- ???????
> >
> > I think this is not okay. Generated binary packages will differ
> > depending on what is currently installed in the system...
>
> Ok, but then which package I have to use? apache or apache 2?

First of all, I think the real problem is with the wildcard on the
left hand side. Test it with

    pkg_info -e 'ap*-php4>4.2.3'

The usual convention is to use ">=3D", rather than ">", but that's not
the problem either. The glob in the name doesn't seem to be supported.
Try "ap{,2}-php4>=3D${PHP_BASE_VERSION}", except you'll have to expand
${PHP_BASE_VERSION} to test it with "pkg_info -e".

For the right hand side, you should just pick one directory, no globs.
However, if a binary built for apache2 really won't work with apache
(1), or vice-versa, then even the wildcard on the left is no good, and
you should then make two seperate packages.

Frederick