Subject: Re: Minor Bump in "libc" on Release Branch and Binary Packages
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2003 16:09:21
On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:43:17AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> As long as folks are doing that... but I don't think enough will,
> frequently enough, to keep the collection useful. Our latest
> resolution was that all packages built against 1.6_STABLE are OK. With

I though the resolution was that packages should be build against the 1.6
pkgsrc branch, to minimize effects of pkgtool changes, and updates of
core libraries

> that in mind, I uploaded a png-1.2.5nb2/i386, filling the hole left by
> the alleged png-1.2.5 vulnerability (plus a few other packages built
> in the past month or two). "i386" is a principle port, but no one had
> filled that hole for over a month. Some other ports have never even

I have it ready for a long time, I was waiting for my patches to be applied to
the 1.6 pkgsrc branch.

     {Net,Free}BSD: 23 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference