Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/2003 17:48:23
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> writes:

> Well, that is effectively what you're saying, like it or not, agree or not.

OK, Greg, you win, i am withdrawing from this thread.  It is
clear to me now that you have no interest in accepting what i am
saying and simply stating whether you disagree with it or not.
You would rather try to convince me i am saying something i am
not.  Fine, have fun, i'm done.

For the last time, i don't care if we have a separate /usr/X11R6
or not.  You can divide the system into as many separate prefixes
as you want and it still doesn't change my point.  I do NOT want
packages in the same prefix as non-packages.  That is all.

If you had actually bothered to read any of my posts you wouldn't
keep telling me to use xpkgwedge because you would see that i do
know about it and have always used it.  My objection is to the
default behavior of cramming packages into /usr/X11R6 when that
is not their natural habitat.

Of course, if someone who actually *worked* on pkgsrc and
xpkgwedge feels like discussing this, i'm all ears.  Windbags who
have no interest in hearing my question much less answering it
need not reply.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett