Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2003 20:24:05
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> writes:

> Hmm... As far as I can tell most or all of the packages you list _need_
> to be in /usr/X11R6 (for the very same reason that there is a /usr/X11R6
> in the first place, and for the reasons I've already given).

I really don't know what to say to this.  You are wrong.  I
suppose you have not checked or checked so long ago you have
forgotten.  None of the apps i've been talking about need to be
in /usr/X11R6, and not one of them installs there.  The only way
these packages end up in /usr/X11R6 is because pkgsrc forces them
there.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett