Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2003 19:21:56
[ On Sunday, January 19, 2003 at 17:17:23 (-0500), Eric Gillespie wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
>
> "Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> writes:
> >
> > Can you please provide an example of such a package?
>
> Below is a sampling of the packages installed on my system (all
> those that require X).  This is but a drop in the bucket
> described in the quote above.

Hmm... As far as I can tell most or all of the packages you list _need_
to be in /usr/X11R6 (for the very same reason that there is a /usr/X11R6
in the first place, and for the reasons I've already given).

Note:  Had I been the creator of xpkgwedge I would have made it put
things in ${PREFIX}/X11R6/bin etc., and I would have made it the
default.

--
								Greg A. Woods