Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2003 01:00:22
[ On Sunday, January 19, 2003 at 00:11:53 (-0500), Eric Gillespie wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Why are packages ever installed to /usr/X11R6?
>
> I am talking about the majority of apps, that don't need to
> install to /usr/X11R6.  These default to installing in /usr/local
> and work just fine with *zero* hacks or environment variable
> settings needed by the user or the admin.

I can't claim to know all or even just "a lot of" packages, but I don't
know of any package that would install in /usr/X11R6 if xpkgwedge is not
installed and which does not "need" to be there (for very good reasons,
even if those reasons don't always apply in all scenarios).

Can you please provide an example of such a package?

--
								Greg A. Woods