Subject: Re: wvWare, good idea?
To: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
From: Dr R.S. Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/17/2003 11:11:24
On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Dave wrote:

>wvWare (http://wvware.sourceforge.net/) is a suite of utilities for
>converting Miscrosnoft Word documents to HTML, LaTeX, plain text, and
>various others.  It seems to work okay out of the tarball.  Personally I'd
>rather have those weenies who insist on sending me .doc files fired,
>but...

Does wvWare (or anything else for that matter) provide any facilities
for conversion in the opposite direction, for important weenies who
insist on receiving documents in Wankersoft Turd format?  Ideally, I'd
like to be able to take an existing Turd file, convert it into some kind
of markup (preferably troff MS or ME -- I know, I should learn LaTeX,
but I can do pretty well everything I need with troff/tbl) which can be
edited with my editor of choice, then Turdify it back again.
Any suggestions for a package which can do this already (or needs the
least work to do it)?

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |