Subject: Re: typesetting music with TeX
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Dave <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2003 23:16:10
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Dave wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in getting MusixTeX and BagpipeTeX added to the pkgsrc
> > tree.  In the interest of avoiding needlessly-duplicated work, does anyone
> > have any patches to pkgsrc lying around that might be useful for this job?
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if you were the first. ;-)
>
> If you've never created a package from scratch (or even if you have),
> try out the "url2pkg" package.

Well, there's a FreeBSD port for MusixTeX, so I've something to go on
there.  I'm quite sure url2pkg will be needed for BagpipeTeX.

So, I guess the proper procedure is make sure I have something that works,
post patches here, and wait for someone to say something?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu