Subject: installing libs from lang/gcc*
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/15/2003 13:01:01
I am using pkgsrc to provide all software.

When trying to run qmake to build pkgsrc/x11/qt3-libs, I received errors

 qmake: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open

$ ldd bin/qmake => not found => /lib/ (0x4001f000) => not found => /lib/ (0x40041000)
        /lib/ => /lib/ (0x40000000)

To workaround this, I made symlinks for these gcc libs.

Any suggestions for doing this automatically using pkgsrc?

Any suggestions for an option for pkgsrc/lang/gcc* so the install will
use $PREFIX/bin and $PREFIX/include and $PREFIX/lib and $PREFIX/man
instead of placing this under its own gcc directory.

(Also, a buildlink2 file would be useful too for gcc3.)

   Jeremy C. Reed