Subject: Re: gtk or gtk2 ?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.dyndns.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2003 19:10:10
On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 07:40, Juan RP wrote:

> Hello, i have updated several packages that are currently using gtk+ v1
> but new versions are beeing done with gtk+ v2. development for gtk1 versions
> will be almost always discontinued so is it okay to update them to gtk2? or
> should new packages be created for them?

  I believe GTK1 -> 2 is not so much of a problem (gtk2 is considered
stable).  We can always provide packages for the old, discontinued
packages if need arises.

  Please note that the same is not true for GNOME packages, though.  As
it stands, we are still too far off a stable GNOME2 platform yet.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene