Subject: Re: buildlink2 not grabbing all includes
To: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2003 17:53:01
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:11:42AM -0500, Joe Reed wrote:
> i am trying to build editors/vim-kde with the latest kde3 and build tools but
> during compilation, i get an error saying that the file Xm/Xm.h does not
> exist.   after checking, the file exists in (for me)
> /usr/X11R6/include/Xm/Xm.h  however, this directory does not appear in
> work/.buildlink/include/
>
> how do i tell buildlink2 to link in this directory?

The normal way to find out to which package a file belongs is:
pkg_info -Fe /path/to/file

I guess in this case it is a motif file; including "../../mk/motif.mk"
might be the correct file to include; however, I wonder why the KDE3
version would need motif libraries.
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find