Subject: Re: Another Fix Needed For Mac OS X pkgsrc
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2003 11:24:09
On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:16:49PM -0800, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> Ok, I did another build of a pkgsrc package and run into the
> following problem when I installed it:

[...]

> ===> Registering installation for ncftp3-3.0.3
> /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/sbin/pkg_create: can't stat
> `/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftp.1'
> /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/sbin/pkg_create: can't stat
> `/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftpget.1'
> /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/sbin/pkg_create: can't stat
> `/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftpput.1'
> /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/sbin/pkg_create: can't stat
> `/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftpbatch.1'
> /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/sbin/pkg_create: can't stat
> `/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftpls.1'

Did you verify the files were actually installed into the right
location? because pkg_create doesn't seem to think so...

> As you can see, the install of ncftp3 ran into trouble when
> pkg_create went to stat the man files for ncftp3.  Is this related to
> $LOCALBASE being set to a non-standard installation or something
> else?  I successfully built and installed ncftp3 on a NetBSD 1.6 box
> at the same time.  Why is there a difference in the two builds?

Some packages can and do behave differently based on what OS they are
being built on (or for). Sometimes they need special handling to
ensure this does not cause problems. From the look of what you've
posted, though, I don't think that's the problem in this case.

grant.