Subject: Re: Another Fix Needed For Mac OS X pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/06/2003 23:24:15
>On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Randy Beaudreault wrote:
>
>>  install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 doc/man/ncftp.1
>>  "/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/share/man/man1/ncftp.1"
>
>>  /bin/ls: /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftp.1: No such file or directory
>
>>  pkg_create went to stat the man files for ncftp3.  Is this related to
>>  $LOCALBASE being set to a non-standard installation or something
>>  else?  I successfully built and installed ncftp3 on a NetBSD 1.6 box
>>  at the same time.  Why is there a difference in the two builds?
>
>I am guessing that the ncftp configure (if it exists) or Makefiles (or
>whatever) detect the location of manual pages directory differently.

After further investigation of the configure file I come to the
conclusion that everything is allright with ncftp3 and something else
is wrong since another build I did must've created a pkg/share/man
directory when it shouldn't have.  To capture which install is doing
I can redirect the screens messages of any build/install to a file
right?
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us