Subject: Re: Another Fix Needed For Mac OS X pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/06/2003 21:03:32
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Frank Cusack wrote:

> The patch is actually easy; add a PKGMANDIR definition to each
> defs.${OPSYS}.mk.  Then add

Except many (maybe most) of the software doesn't honor this --mandir. This
will probably work on most software that properly takes advantage of
recent autoconf/automake, but a lot of other software has its own methods
of installation. For example: chat/bitchx, chat/i2cb, chat/ircd-hybrid,
sysutils/gkrellm, sysutils/skill, sysutils/setquota, archivers/bzip2,
archivers/gtar-base, www/cronolog, and many others.

It will have to be done package by package ...

> in  Then each package's PLIST needs to be be updated to use

That is good. I could use this, because I use /usr as my LOCALBASE on some
systems and it would be nice if I could choose /usr/share/man as my
"PKGMANDIR". (Right now I just use a symlink to /usr/man.)

   Jeremy C. Reed