Subject: Re: Another Fix Needed For Mac OS X pkgsrc
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/06/2003 16:26:58
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Randy Beaudreault wrote:

> install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 doc/man/ncftp.1
> "/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/share/man/man1/ncftp.1"

> /bin/ls: /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man/man1/ncftp.1: No such file or directory

> pkg_create went to stat the man files for ncftp3.  Is this related to
> $LOCALBASE being set to a non-standard installation or something
> else?  I successfully built and installed ncftp3 on a NetBSD 1.6 box
> at the same time.  Why is there a difference in the two builds?

I am guessing that the ncftp configure (if it exists) or Makefiles (or
whatever) detect the location of manual pages directory differently.

You may be able to workaround this by creating a symlink from
/Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/man to /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg/share/man.

(This reminds me: it might be nice to have a pkgsrc setting for where the
man directory is.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/