Subject: Re: pkgsrc with gcc3.1 and native ld on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jan.drei@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/2003 02:34:18
grant beattie wrote:

> That may suggest that gcc is expecting GNU ld, which it is not. Are there
> any notes about that gcc which stipulate the use of GNU binutils?

Good point. I will look that up on tuesday when I get to that machine
again.

> Will you be using gcc 3.1 for building all pkgsrc stuff? Or just to
> bootstrap lang/gcc ? (which is 2.95.3)

I will do whatever is necessary (and possible for me) to use pkgsrc on
this system :-).

> It may be something that we could incorporate into buildlink2 (hi,
> Johnny!) as translation of arguments is right up that alley :-)

=46rom what I have seen of buildlink2, it's already complex enough. We
should rather try to determine what works and what does not and document
this.

ciao
     Klaus