Subject: fonts/Xft2 problems
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/01/2003 13:11:06
I had some problems getting xscreensaver to build a package a few
weeks ago, so I updated all my pkgsrc tree and tried again.  This
time I ran into this little problem with Xft2:

===> Building for Xft2-2.1nb1
cc -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/pkg/include -fPIC -DPIC -c xftcolor.c -o xftcolor.o
In file included from xftint.h:39,
                 from xftcolor.c:25:
Xft.h:37: X11/extensions/Xrender.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [xftcolor.o] Error 1
*** Error code 2

This is on a SparcStation with running -current that is a month or
two old.  I'm guessing that this is some XF86-3 vs. XF86-4 problem
but I know little about that, since I don't have a lot of different
machines or graphics hardware to play with.  Any one have a suggestion
for a fix?

Jon