Subject: Urgent: geneweb - stripped binaries don't work
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/01/2003 23:15:03
G'day,

I've updated and tested the pkgsrc/database/geneweb package locally and ran
into a problem that appears to be related to the stripping of optimized ocaml
binaries... (pkgsrc/lang/ocaml). Are there any known issues?

We need to upgrade pkgsrc/databases/geneweb as a matter of urgency as it
contains code that may comprimise the security of the host system.

A copy of the updated package sources and sample binaries can be found on

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wulf/geneweb-4.09-pkgsrc.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wulf/gwd
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wulf/gwd-stripped

The only alternative is to install binaries that are not stripped
until this problem is solved.

Anyone suggestions?

With many thanks in advance,

cheerio Berndt