Subject: Re: GNOME 2 packages and USE_GNU_GETTEXT
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/26/2002 21:50:00
On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:26:36 -0500
Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org> wrote:

> I did a fresh installation of the GNOME 2 packages yesterday and
> noticed that many of them set USE_GNU_GETTEXT=yes.  I commented
> out that line in all the Makefiles before building.  Everything
> works fine using the system libintl.
>
> Can we drop the USE_GNU_GETTEXT or have i missed something?

I was thinking the same thing some hours ago, but I do not have the time
to rebuild the whole thing these days. When I packaged these programs,
they insisted to link against libintl.la (which is not provided by the
base sytem). So it seems the problem has gone away.

The question is, what has changed? Something in buildlink2's wrappers?

Thanks!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>