Subject: check for gcc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/25/2002 13:48:55
Hi,

For archivers/bzip2, we patch the Makefile to add some CFLAGS, which
will only work when ${CC} is actually gcc.  Irix' cc does not support
those flags, hence we need to conditionally set them.

Now the question is, how do we check for gcc being used?  The ${CC}
variable may well invoke gcc as 'cc', so we can't test for that value.

I currently only see one solution:  actually running a quick test on the
${CC} command and evaluating the return-value, which is ugly.

Other suggestions?

-Jan

--
http://www.netbsd.org -