Subject: Re: pkgtools/pkg_install fails under Linux (due to HAVE_STATVFS?)
To: Amitai Schlair <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2002 10:17:28

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 10:01:34AM +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> there is another related problem here you introduced by importing
> bootstrap-pkgsrc version of pkg_install.  PKGTOOLS_REQD is bumped but
> pkg_install does not update ZOULARIS_VERSION on non-NetBSD systems as
> bootstrap-pkgsrc does.  so even if he would have been able to install
> the new pkg_install package every attempt to build a package
> afterwards would fail since it would still get the old
> ZOULARIS_VERSION and requests update to the 20021123 one again.
> i noticed this issue after updating pkg_install today on Solaris.

ok, i overreacted a bit.

this turned out to be local problem with pkg_install installed over
zoularis.  zoularis pkg_* are in ZOULARISBASE/bin while pkg_install ones
are in ZOULARISBASE/sbin and i had bin before sbin in my PATH so it
always used the old version of pkg_info for PKGTOOLS_VERSION check.
this is also a note for all zoularis users who will upgrade pkg_install
directly from zoularis without bootstrap-pkgsrc.
> it is fixed in rev. 1.62 of pkgtools/pkg_install/Makefile

i reverted the change, sorry for the fuzz.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)