Subject: Re: pkgtools/pkg_install fails under Linux (due to HAVE_STATVFS?)
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2002 10:01:34
--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 12:36:37AM -0500, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> The reason it tells you that is because PKGTOOLS_REQD was recently
> bumped -- a feature was added to the pkg_* tools, and pkgsrc relies on
> that feature being present.
>=20
> More recently, I modified pkgtools/pkg_install to use the same
> autoconf'd source code as found in bootstrap-pkgsrc, precisely to make
> life easier for people using pkgsrc on non-NetBSD when PKGTOOLS_REQD
> is bumped.

there is another related problem here you introduced by importing
bootstrap-pkgsrc version of pkg_install.  PKGTOOLS_REQD is bumped but
pkg_install does not update ZOULARIS_VERSION on non-NetBSD systems as
bootstrap-pkgsrc does.  so even if he would have been able to install
the new pkg_install package every attempt to build a package afterwards
would fail since it would still get the old ZOULARIS_VERSION and
requests update to the 20021123 one again.  it noticed this issue after
updating pkg_install today on Solaris.

it is fixed in rev. 1.62 of pkgtools/pkg_install/Makefile

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --