Subject: Re: pkgtools/pkg_install fails under Linux (due to HAVE_STATVFS?)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2002 00:36:37
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>  cd create && bmake
>  cc -pipe -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../lib  -g -c main.c -o main.o
>  cc -pipe -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../lib  -g -c perform.c -o perform.o
>  perform.c: In function `make_dist':
>  perform.c:169: incompatible type for argument 1 of `wait'
>  *** Error code 1
>
> I didn't see any diff for bootstrap-pkgsrc for this.
>
> This is the same as NetBSD Problem Report #19316.
>
> But note: I am not using bootstrap-pkgsrc anymore for pkg_install. I
> updated pkgsrc. Attempting to build any package tells me to update my
> pkgtools/pkg_install.

I don't have a Linux system handy, but wanted to provide some
background.

The reason it tells you that is because PKGTOOLS_REQD was recently
bumped -- a feature was added to the pkg_* tools, and pkgsrc relies
on that feature being present.

More recently, I modified pkgtools/pkg_install to use the same
autoconf'd source code as found in bootstrap-pkgsrc, precisely to
make life easier for people using pkgsrc on non-NetBSD when
PKGTOOLS_REQD is bumped.

Thus, if pkgtools/pkg_install doesn't build on your Linux system,
I'd expect bootstrap-pkgsrc/pkg_install to fail in the same way.
On the bright side, when the fix has been determined, it'll apply
easily in both places.

- Amitai