Subject: Re: pine probs: structure has no member named `always_spell_check'
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Marc Slemko <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2002 11:55:56
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> > Another problem with my NetBSD 1.5.2 hp300 system compiling new stuff.
> > Latest cvs sources of mail/pine give me:
> See pkg/19395
> mail/pine/Makefile includes
> .include "../../editors/pico/"
> This was bumped too.
> So I guess you didn't update editors/pico also. (Good idea to update
> everything at once.)

Are you saying that netbsd packages have no mechanism for specifying
that there are version dependencies on a library?  pine version x
requires version >= y of imap-uw, but if you have an older one
installed then the compilation just fails... even if your pkgsrc is
updated, since the package doesn't specify any version dependency.