Subject: Re: imap-uw and Malformed conditional ((${USE_KERBEROS} != "no"))
To: Roland Dowdeswell <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/15/2002 08:28:03

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 02:12:27AM -0500, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> Well, yes and no.  That was my mistake, but it does work on more
> recent NetBSD's because USE_KERBEROS is set by  What I
> forgot was that variable is not used by 1.5 or prior.  That said, the
> easiest solution would be to either conditionally set it in the pkgsrc
> mk files, or to use a solution similar to the one that you proposed.
> It may make sense to have the pkgsrc mk files initialise the value of
> USE_KERBEROS from KERBEROS which is the 1.5 way of doing things.
> Also, this should default to true, I think.  Which would imply
> something more like:
> .if !defined(USE_KERBEROS) || (${USE_KERBEROS} !=3D "no")

well, i don't think it should use Kerberos by default since pkgsrc is
not only for NetBSD and it may fail to build.  so if you are going to
initialize USE_KERBEROS, don't forget about those systems and make it
"no" if KERBEROS and USE_KERBEROS are not defined.

i'd rather see this as IMAP_UW_KERBEROS set in to
"no" and don't try to be too smart.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>                   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)