Subject: openssl package on solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/12/2002 04:06:54
openssl package Makefile, line 87.  If you set CC to a path (say,
/usr/pkg/bin/gcc), it confuses the Configure program.  Here is a line that
works:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        solaris-${SPARC_TARGET_ARCH}-${:!basename ${CC}!}

instead of:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        solaris-${SPARC_TARGET_ARCH}-${CC}

I don't claim this is the best way to do it, but it does at least work.

It's fun feeling my solaris box turn into a real computer as I add packages to
it.  :)

And while I'm at it -- on sol26, at least, the bootstrap process should go build
patch(1), which seems to not exist in the base system.

  Alan

alan.post@cs.stanford.edu            http://recalcitrant.org