Subject: Re: Getting Packages commited.
To: Ceri Storey <cez@mrtall.compsoc.man.ac.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/09/2002 12:28:10
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Ceri Storey wrote:

> I send-pr'd pkg/19062 (a new package of umix) a few months ago, and was
> wondering if it was worth "politely reminding" people to it's
> existance.

Yes, definitely. Hopefully, your email will be that reminder.

> I only wondered, because I submitted mail/isync a few days ago, and it
> was committed virtually instantly. Saying that, I guess it's a matter of

Usually, new packages are use within days.

> wether anyone reads *every*single* pr that comes in :)

A mailing list, netbsd-bugs, shows all the send-pr's (other than
"security" or those marked confidential).

Also see:
 http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/pkg.html
 http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/responsible/pkg-manager.html
(I don't know who gets the "pkg" category PR's.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/