Subject: Um... "/share"? "/share/gnome"???
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/07/2002 13:54:25
I was trying to build some of GNOME the other day (it bailed out at some
point).  I wound up deleting the GNOME packages. that installed.  Today, I
noticed that I have

drwxr-xr-x   4 root  wheel  512 Dec  5 20:28 /share/control-center
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  512 Dec  5 20:28 /share/control-center-2.0
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  512 Dec  5 20:28 /share/gnome
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  wheel  512 Dec  5 20:28 /share/locale
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel  512 Dec  5 20:28 /share/xscreensaver

Did something go kablooie in pkgsrc and start dumping into the root
instead of /usr/pkg?  Certainly *I* didn't put them there.  And, I've
removed those packages; shouldn't they be *gone*?  Now I'm worried about
other places stuff may have leaked into.

Is this a fluke, or can someone else who's tried to compile pkgsrc
recently confirm this?  I might have built from a (slightly) more recent
pkgsrc than my mk.conf; but surely that shouldn't cause pkgsrc to dump
/usr/pkg-stuff into my root filesystem.

I also can't see that these files are refered to by anything in
/var/db/pkg/* (I *did* try to delete all of the GNOME stuff since I'm not
using it and it doesn't fully build for me).  (Sorry if this has been
discussed already, assumg that it's not a fluke or down to some pilot
error.  I checked the archives via the web, but didn't find any similar
messages.)