Subject: buildlink2 problems
To: None <>
From: Jonathan Perkin <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/05/2002 16:07:02

Fresh othersrc/bootstrap-pkgsrc and pkgsrc/ from today, and I'm setting
up a new environment on a Solaris 7 box.  bootstrap all went fine, but
as soon as I try to compile anything, the do-buildlink part fails.

+ /usr/bin/ln -f /scratch/pkgsrc/archivers/gzip-base/work/.buildlink/bin/ /scratch/pkgsrc/archivers/gzip-base/work/.buildlink/bin/cc
ln: /scratch/pkgsrc/archivers/gzip-base/work/.buildlink/bin is a directory
*** Error code 2

bmake: stopped in /scratch/pkgsrc/archivers/gzip-base

It does the same for any package.  Same with WRKOBJDIR set.

I'm currently looking through, but haven't parsed it
all yet, and I can't see anything malicious in the last few commits (was
working fine on my 5.8 machine with 50 or so packages installed the
other day), so thought someone else may have a clue while I carry on

Jonathan Perkin - Internet Operations Engineer - BBC Internet Services
24x7 Hotline: +44 (0)1628 407 777 (x37777) -