Subject: problem with security/GnuPG on -current/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/28/2002 19:13:01
Sorry to crospost this, but I wasn't sure which list would be more
appropriate...

I just built GnuPG 1.2.1 on my SS20 running a -current built on
Oct23/24.  I tried to generate a key, and it ran for hours spweing
dots but never stopping. (I would have killed it much sooner, but
I had to help with the holiday meals. :)

I saw an old message about GnuPG 1.0.2(?) having this sort of
behaviour in 1999 or so, along with a short note that appeared to
state that it was a bug in the GMP library, and one should look at
the patches for ssh.

I know I had GnuPG running properly a few months ago when my other
machine was on NetBSD-1.5.3/sparc.  Is this some known GCC optomizer
bug or something else?  (I know GCC on a sparc falls over trying
to compile CLISP, due to some problems with ints in structs.  Could
this be similar?)

Any hints on a workaround or fix?  (I do have CFLAGS += -mcpu=supersparc
in /etc/mk.conf, but I wouldn't normally think that would be it...)

Jon