Subject: bootstrapping Zolaris under MacOS X 10.2.2 problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/27/2002 08:29:25
Greetings, I've got an iBook running 10.2.2 on a UFS file system
with the development disk loaded.

I've downloaded pkgsrc.tar.gz and unpacked it to /usr/pkgsrc (I
want to keep it like my NetBSD boxes) and followed the directions
listed in the README file.

I launch "sudo ./bootstrap --pkgdir=/usr/pkg --pkgdbdir=/var/db/pkg \
	--pkgsrcdir=/usr/pkgsrc" and the system runs through it's
checks and then begins compiling, only to error out with the following
warning:

cc -pipe   -o digest digest.o rmd160.o rmd160hl.o shal.o sha1hl.o sha2.o sha2hl.o md5c.o md5hl.o
bmake: don't know how to make /usr/share/groff/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop

bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest
can't make digest

  I've looked and there isn't a tmac.andoc file in that directory, just
  a tmac.vgrind file.  If I try to run the bootstrap command again I
  get to:

gcc -I.. -I./.. -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH="usr/pkg/share/mk" -DMAKE_BOOTSTRAP   -c -o 1stNext.o 1stNext.c
gcc *.o lst.lib/*.o -o bmake.boot
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _Lst_Append
lstAppend.o definition of _Lst_Append in section (__TEXT,__text)

* followed by the same warning about _Lst_{AtEnd,AtFront,Close,Concat,Datum,
* DeQueue,Distroy,Duplicate,EnQueue,Find,FindFrom,First,ForEach,ForEachFrom,
* Init,Insert,IsAtEnd,IsEmpty,Last,Member,Next,Open,Remove,Replace,Succ}

make: *** [bmake.boot] Error 1
can't make bmake

Any help would be apreciated, I'd like to get this iBook up to the
same functionality I had grown to love from NetBSD :)

-Sean