Subject: Re: mplayer window problems
To: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/27/2002 05:57:56
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> Le Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:41:39 -0500
> Sporleder, Matthew (CCI-Atlanta) a =E9crit :
> > I see the compile-time option of --enable-X11, but is there a way to
> > specify X11 rendering when playing?  I did't see it in the man page.
>
> mplayer -vo x11

=2E..or in "~/mplayer/config", I like to do this...

ao              =3D sun
vo              =3D x11
vm              =3D yes
zoom            =3D no

That just runs it full screen, and also uses the "sun" audio driver,
tweaked for NetBSD. For best results with "vm" yes, "zoom" no, you
have to have a bunch of resolutions available for your server to
switch to, and the cursor has to be in upper left quadrant of your
virtual screen when you invoke "mplayer".

Frederick