Subject: Re: New xemacs-packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.zhadum.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2002 18:53:45
Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de> writes:

> 			Hallo!
>
> There has benn recently a change in the amount of packages inside
> xemacs-packages. Even with cheap disk space I don't need all these
> packages. And on the other Xemacs itself has it's own (more up-todate?)
> package system. Therefor I deinstalled xemacs-package. There were some
> maessage, that not all files/directories could not be removed.
>
> After that I wanted to install the packages which I need using the
> buildin-package system. I added an download site and pressed
> Update package index
>
> The result was:
> Symbol's function definition is void: make-annotation
>
> Is it possible to use xemacs without the netbsd xemacs-package?

You need at least a basic set of packages to enable the internal
package system. These are xemacs-base-1.55-pkg.tar.gz efs-1.26-pkg.tar.gz

I thought about a similar big xemacs-packages set but it would need a
xemacs-basic-packages package if you don't want the whole bunch.

--
Mario Kemper
magick@zhadum.de