Subject: Re: bootstrap-pkgsrc: $pkgdbdir vs. /var/db/pkg
To: grant beattie <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/25/2002 00:48:22
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, grant beattie wrote:
> Yes, perhaps a warning should be generated if the default pkgdb
> directory already exists or if we're running on a platform with known
> potential clashes.
> I came across this while putting together FreeBSD support. It didn't
> bother me since I wasn't intending to use ports at all ;-)
> The conflicting pkg_* tools were slightly annoying, though 'rm' can
> deal with that. :)

That's not enough, unfortunately.
If I use the mk.conf.example file generated right now, pkgs will end up in
the db-dir I give to the "bootstrap" script. But when I then just type
"pkg_info", I don't see anything as it looks in /var/db/pkg.
That's what my patch solves.

So, are there any objections to commit this?

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->